Russian Summer Language Institute
The Department offers an intensive course covering first- and second-year Russian. The Russian Summer Language Institute is part of the UVa Summer Language Institute: http://www.virginia.edu/summer/SLI/index.html
- Students earn twelve UVa credits
- Institute runs nine weeks
- Instruction emphasizes speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Class meets M-F 8:30-11:30 and 1:00-4:00
- Tutoring, conversation practice and cultural activities are scheduled each weekday evening
The summer intensive institute is advantages:
- Open to non-UVa students and offers several
- Permits UVa students to enroll in RUSS 3010 and RUSS 3020 in the academic year following the institute
- Prepares students to benefit fully from study abroad
- Provides graduate students with the opportunity to gain competency in Russian
- Enables undergraduates who decide late to major in the Department to do so
How to Apply
is through the UVA Summer Language Institute.
The faculty of the Russian Summer Language Institute are regular faculty and graduate students of the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures.