PO Box 400126
Department of Religious Studies
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4126
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Howard University
- Master of Divinity (MDIV), Howard University
- Doctor of Theology (ThD), Harvard University
Publications, Awards, and Activities
- Dissertation, "Word, Like Fire: The Biblical Hermeneutics of Maria Stewart"
- “Making the Invisible Visible Again,” presented at the Women in Christianity Conference, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, March 19, 2005.
- “Someplace to Cry: Jephthah’s Daughter and the Double Dilemma of Black Women in America,” Pregnant Passion: Gender, Sex, and Violence in the Bible. Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2004.
- “Malcolm X,” “Benjamin Mays,” and “Elijah Muhammad” in Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart, Jan Rohls, ed. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2002.
- “Laying the Foundations for Azusa: Black Women, Theology, and Public Ministry in the Nineteenth Century,” presented at the Mid-Atlantic Regional meeting of the American Academy of Religion, February 26, 1999.
- “The Importance of Passing Things On,” The Journal of Religious Thought 50, nos. 1 and 2 (fall-spring 1993-94): 116-120.