The Arts Scholars passionately look to better the University of Virginia Arts Community and the institution as a whole: our mission is to create an environment that fosters awareness, education, and advocacy for the arts on the grounds of the University of Virginia. Our community is built on the pillars of service, leadership, and scholarship. Above all, as artists we are on grounds to make a difference by means of our creativity.
College Arts Scholars is an enrichment program for exceptional students overseen by the chairs of the departments of Music, Drama, Studio Art, and Dance. Unlike the situation found at most large research universities, Arts Scholars are part of a small group of undergraduate students who have direct access to the best resources in the arts at the University of Virginia including personal introductions to our most distinguished arts faculty. Read more.
Click here to see us at work!
Arts Scholar Jacquie Wlaters (left) with Geoffrey Culbertson (right) in the Department offs Drama's The Glass Menagerie, 2010
News & Announcements
- Arts Scholar Ava Lonergan's Team selected for"Best High School Magazine Design" Award by Columbia Scholastic Press Association for their design work on "The Talon" (Spring 2011)
- Arts Scholars Calendar of Events
- List of Artist Residencies and Events at UVa
- New Central Arts Calendar Released
- College Arts Scholars at the Kluge Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum
- Colbert Gift Launches New College Arts Scholars Program
- October 2011 Article about Fourth Year Awards